Thursday, October 15, 2009

Did You Miss Amy Astley From Teen Vogue at FIT?


The editor-in-chief of Teen Vogue Amy Astley, spoke recently at my college, Fashion Institute of Technologly. I was expecting to gain "invaluable" insight into the fashion industry and maybe a suprise appearance from some other staffers at the magazine or even Chanel Iman, but alas, I was disappointed. According to Astley "A common mistake that interns make at Teen Vogue is wearing really cute outfits, and hanging outside my door as they speak loudly". Dang! And she continued to say that "In a way, they are not minding their own business."

However she did say on a more positive note that working retail beats interning at Anna Sui. Which I found to be quite interesting along with the fact that she mentioned her name [Anna Sui] numerous times during the book signing. Do your self a favor and purchase the book before the 12 year-year-olds beat you to it because it is worth it, keeping in mind that I purchased mine at Borders for 40% off. Hello, I am Sir Saves A-Lot.Retweet this button on every post blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment