Monday, July 20, 2009

Betsey Johnson for Opening Ceremony

Betsey Johnson is the bomb! I know that, you know that, even she knows that, well I hope so! It has been rumored that the downtown style designer was working on a capsule collection that would have a more accessible price point, behold, Opening Ceremony. The line will consist of completely original looks from the Betsey Johnson archives, spanning back to the 1970s and 1980s. Do not expect to see ruffles, spice, and everything nice because these looks are far from it. "It’s so funny. My favorite pieces were those black, dark punk Eighties times. I wanted to show my stretch story. Then I wanted to do my most iconic prints like the cherries for the comic-book girl. The snakeskin print was something else! (laughs) There was always this harder side to me but it was hard to see it through the prints and ruffles." said Betsey. Look for the collection at Opening Ceremony this fall.


photo credit:
http://www.dazeddigital.comRetweet this button on every post blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment